Where we go from here...
With the State of California closing individual counties and salons, we've taken this time to strategize our next move in the beauty industry.
At this time, there is a big push for outdoor services from salon owners that Governor Newsom needs to approve. If we are not allowed to do indoor services, please give us the ability to provide services outside the traditional salon setting.
By not allowing stylists to do hair outside the establishment, the stylist will find other means of servicing and work in an underground economy, this puts them at risk of losing their license.
By allowing outdoor services this would still "provide some relief to our industry," Jones said. In many counties, salons and barbershops — classified as non-essential services — have been closed for much of the duration of the pandemic. In Santa Clara County, they re-opened for the first time on Monday: just hours before they learned they would have to close again by 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday. We understand that most salons won't be able to move all of their services outside, but this would be an option we are fighting for (along with our fight to get our entire industry re-opened ASAP!).
Assemblymember, Jim Patterson, and The Professional Beauty Federation of California called upon Governor Gavin Newsom to grant a temporary waiver of Section 7317 (Section 7317 of the Business and Professions Code states that all barbering, cosmetology and electrology services must be performed inside a licensed establishment) to allow for outdoor beauty and barber services in California.
During the past month, we prepared to launch our re-opening, making the salon COVID compliant. You may have received our emails providing information on the safety systems implements for the safety of our clients and staff.
At Nimbus Saon, we have gone above and beyond the mandated protocols requested by CDC, state, and county requirements. Here are some of the protocols we have mandated at the salon.
- Front desk and stylist contacting to book your appointment
- Screening staff/clients health symptoms
- Extra sanitizing processes
- Required the use of masks (provided by Salon) and recommendation of glove use.
- Client Health Questionnaire prior to your first appointment.
- Outdoor waiting area - shaded
- Temperature is taken (forehead)
- 6' between stylist stations
- Hand sanitizers throughout the salon
- Disposable capes and freshly laundered drape offered to clients
- Stylist changes aprons between clients
- Stylist - protective face shield and eyewear
- Stylist - washing hands prior/during and after services
- Blow-dry services will be limited
- Recommended dry haircut
- Self-checkout with Pocket Salon App (register before your appointment)
- Limited capacity - Clients only inside the salon
- Children are welcome by appt only
- Limited personal belongings (No large purses or handbags)
- Our guest coordinators will provide all your shopping needs with products and purchases
- Installation of Airscrubber
- Mini-touch up kits
- Texting upon arrival
- Check-in and out - will be outdoors, limiting time in the salon
Please sign up for our email campaigns so you will be able to follow as we move through this challenging time. Nimbus Salon email subscription
Know that we remain vigilant and will be here when salons are allowed to re-open to the public. Thank you for your past and future support as we grow through this challenging time.
Demetra and the Nimbus Team